Welcome to my home for the Holidays. I'm so glad you braved the 17+ inches of snow, on top of what we already had. It's bound to be a very white Christmas around here; that's for sure. Well, come in; come in!
The cheapy wreath I beefed up last year with some ornaments, berries, and extra greenery pics hangs on the door to the garage.
I made some Pear Cinnamon Cider (Trader Joes). Would you like some?
It's steeping with mulling spices...all ready for your visit. (Hint: Wait until the day after Christmas; then stock up on this stuff when it's only a couple of bucks.)
My table centerpiece, complete with the lazy person's no sew table runner. (Don'tcha just love the view of the O2 concentrator in the background? I'm so thankful we haven't needed to use it for a little while, but it's there if we do!)

(Yes, my dining room is our homeschool room, hence the maps and spelling lists on the walls.) I'm keeping my eyes open for the perfect tray to hold the centerpiece, but I haven't found the right one yet.
Cutie patootie snowman, resting against a bowl filled with yummy candy cane and cherry cordial kisses.
(Pine Hutch - wedding gift made by my father-in-law. It will be getting a facelift, hopefully in the new year.)
Crystal bowl filled with Dollar Store ornaments. That little bear is made out of a gumball and frosting. My husband brought him home from a shopping trip back when I was on bedrest with the twins...if that tells you how many years we've had that little guy.
Kissing angels that belonged to my husband's Grandma. She gave them to us a couple of years ago, and the girls love them. And, that's more greenery I beefed up last year.
A few more of my snowmen topping the homeschool bookshelf. My dad made the welded one many years ago, and I love it.
Christmas cactus, not blooming yet. Maybe it'll bloom between Valentines Day and Easter again this year. That's what it did last year anyway.
One of my husband's favorite decorations from his childhood. My mother-in-law passed it on to us a few years ago.
The paper chain has Bible verses on it. Each day, kind of like an Advent calendar, we take one off and read the verse.
We don't have a fancy themed tree. Ours is very much a family tree filled with family ornaments, many handmade, some new, some vintage. I think it's fun and whimsical.
Here is an ornament I found last year on sale...
Leah was so excited that this was her year to put the angel on top!
This nativity was given to us by one of Lily's homecare nurses, and I think it's one of the girls' favorite Christmas decorations. They absolutely LOVE it! (Elise even asked if we could keep it out all year long.)
Linked to Nester's 2010 Christmas Tour of Homes

2 comments:
Beautiful!!! I remember the angel/bell ringer with the candles... my grandpa had one... I always loved it, too... I guess it has a german background to it... :)
Enjoy Christmas... looks like yours will be fun!
Missy
Your stockings are so cute- and I love the way you hung them on the steps.
Post a Comment