Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What I did today....

4:30 am...Lily climbs into my bed coughing and breathing so coarsely I can hear it without a stethoscope.

4:43 am....Up and attem. Taking Lily down for a neb and vest treatment.

6:00 am...Breakfast for Lily. The other two are still sound asleep.

9:00 am...Time for another neb and vest.

9:30 am....I am about to crash. Nap on the couch. Elise decides to make granola. Every few minutes one of the girls is asking me about something.

12:00 pm....The puking begins. Cough and throw up. Cough and throw up. Cough and spit out mucus. Cough, cough, cough.

The girls are watching way too much TV this afternoon, but I've decided to let it go. For today.

Holding, snuggling, cleaning up vomit. Cleaning up the kitchen. Squeeze in another neb and vest. More holding, snuggling, pushing fluid, cleaning up mucus and vomit. Coughing, coughing, coughing.

4:00 pm...I make soup. Eastern European Red Lentil. Perfect vegetarian healing soup.

Dinner, which Lily sleeps through. (Fine...she probably couldn't keep it down anyway.)

6:00 pm...Lily wakes up. More coughing, more throwing up, more cleaning up, more pushing sips of electrolytes (coconut water).

Make vegetarian Jell-o. Give another neb and vest. Read "The Sugar Snow" chapter in "Little House in the Big Woods."

And, I am one exhausted mommy with a whole lotta laundry to take care of tomorrow. Now, I'm going down to check on my sweet pea and relieve my husband (who's keeping an eye on her now).

2 comments:

Lani K said...

Prayers of strength, endurance, and encouragement for all of you! <3 Poor, poor baby (non-specific)
I think "Little House" is as calming as the lentils. I love the "Sugar Snow" chapter. All our love! xo

Alicia said...

I've been following along on FB and praying for Lily's quick recovery. Hugs...