Friday, September 21, 2012

Yes, you can have a banana split for breakfast!

Moms like to say "yes" to their kids.  It's not fun feeling like a bad guy with all of the "Clean your room so you can actually walk in it!" or "Please pick up your shoes and put them in your closet!" and the "I meant what I said--'the next time I find this paper on the floor it's going in the trash', and this paper is now in the trash!"  Moving on.....



Something to say "yes" to:  banana splits for breakfast!



Slice bananas in half length-wise and lay in a banana boat (or a bowl).  Spoon or scoop hot cereal of choice in the center.  Top with jam, fruit sauce, pineapple, a small drizzle of chocolate syrup (if desired).  A little coconut whipped creme and a cherry doesn't hurt either!  I used Malt-o-Meal, pineapple, blueberry maple syrup sauce, and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup.  The whole thing comes together pretty fast, and the kids love your efforts!  Enjoy!

No comments: