Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thank God for oxygen concentrators!

After Lily's evening neb, her oxygen levels started dipping into the 80's, and we had to put her on some O2.  After the whole episode a few weeks ago, where we were going through tanks so fast, the medical supply company brought us an O2 concentrator, which will draw and concentrate the oxygen in its environment.  The pluses are:  1) never having to mess with the O2 tanks and having one run out in the middle of the night, and 2) we have the capability to give Lily humidified oxygen, which is much more comfortable, so I don't mind doing a little higher flow, if necessary. Believe me, without it we would have been in the hospital much earlier last time, and it would have likely ended in a longer stay.  Anyway, I just have to thank God that if Lily (and the rest of the family) have to be sick, then at least I don't have to worry about switching tanks partway through the night tonight!    

No comments: