Michelle over at Psalms 104:24 hosts Three Things Thursday. Some weeks I have it together enough to join in. This is not necessarily one of those weeks, but I'm feeling guilty for neglecting the blog again. With no further ado, let me share three random things that have been keeping me away from blogging lately.
1. Organizing. Lily and Leah tore apart their room a couple of weeks ago. It was completely hideous! I've worked with them to pick things up, but they just tear it apart again. And, it doesn't help that we were gone most of last week, so nothing has really gotten done in there. Slowly, but surely, I'm trying to tackle all of these organizing projects that have not been #1 priorities during the school year.
2. Cakes. My sister turns 29 on the 29th, so I'm planning to take the girls up there. They are so excited to see Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, Uncle, and their cousins! The cake I'm planning on making will be a dark chocolate almond sour cream cake with chocolate almond mousse filling. I will definitely post pics when it's done, but since she does check this blog, I'm not going to say what cake design I'll be using. That part is a surprise!
3. Summer Colds. Lily is sick again. Some days are worse than others. She had a couple of really rough days last week, coughing until she threw up (mostly mucous), etc. Mostly, she seemed to be perking up though. Then, Monday night happened - throwing up in bed (not just mucous), which required a bath and new bed sheets (and moving a sleeping Leah), nebs, Tylenol for a fever, and then O2 because her sats were low. By Tuesday afternoon though, she was doing better. Yesterday was fine. Today? Not so much. She's mildly feverish again, and her O2 sats are on the lower end of acceptable. Hopefully she perks up again, because we're supposed to go boating with Mark's cousins.
****************************************
Oh, and yes, I did change the blog layout again. I like this one. It seems less busy. I also updated the pic at the top. Unfortunately I don't have a good, recent pic of all three girls. Will have to keep working on that one.....
And, now I'm off to start dinner! Happy Thursday everyone!
2 comments:
Sis is 29 on the 29th? That's cool! I remember when my brother tuned 13 on Friday the 13th!!
So to hear Lily is sick, I hope she feels better soon.
I love the new blog look and the header pic is great. I do look forward to seeing one with all three girls though! :)
Yup, my baby sister turns 29 on the 29th. Four short years ago, I turned 30 on the 30th, my MIL turned 60 on the same day, and exactly a month after that my SIL turned 40. That was quite a celebratory year for birthdays! :-)
Too funny that your brother had his golden b-day on Friday the 13th. Tee Hee! LOVE IT!
I'll keep working on the pic with all 3. Seems like every time I try one of them is being a stinker.
Post a Comment