Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day started around midnight, when I packed a bag, gave 2 nebs and a vest treatment, snoozed for 3 hours on the couch, gave another neb/vest treatment, held Lily, slept in the recliner, tried not to get sick, gave more nebs/vest treatments, called the pediatrician, took a shower, drove Lily to the hospital, spent 5-1/2 hours in the ER at Children's, and got admitted.

Lily had RSV.

She did not get *as* sick as she had been with H1N1 back in October, but it's always scary when asthma kids get sick.

Tuesday was kind of her turning point, where I could tell she was starting to feel better. Yesterday was a very good day. She laughed, she played, she stood beside her bed, and she was discharged late afternoon. It was a very good day.

Last night, I crashed in my bed around 8:30 pm, too sick and exhausted myself to unpack anything, work on the church bulletin, or even watch an episode of "Chuck."

Very few things are as sweet as sleeping in your own cozy bed, on your own cozy pillows, in a dark room, without interruption.

Home, Sweet Home!

2 comments:

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

Hey Robin, I gave you an award over on my blog. Check it out.

Love you girl.

Oh and Sully made it home in one piece.

Amanda said...

I hope you dont mind, but my heart just hurt for you reading this... so I just lifted you and your family up in prayer.

Be blessed sweet girl-
Amanda