It's been ages since I've played along with MckMama, and it's been eons since I've blogged about anything, so I thought I'd join in today.
My house is always perfectly spotless--so clean it pings, as a matter of fact! That is why when Lily wanted to show Grandma something in her bedroom, I didn't think twice about it. I certainly didn't moan, "Oh NO! You probably won't even be able to walk in there; it's so messy!" ...then go on to rant and rave how the simple act of walking into their bedroom causes me instant stress. Noooo, I wouldn't ever do anything like that.
After returning from a week of puppy-sitting at my parents' house, I didn't allow the suitcases to go unpacked for a couple of days. No way did I have to declutter the girls' rooms just to unpack their bags and fit all of their clothes back into their dressers. And, NO WAY is one bag still unpacked! I wouldn't ever procrastinate like that!
I did, however, take all my laundry up to my parents' house to wash. This would be because my dryer sucks, as I believe I have mentioned in the past. (According the the dryer repair guy, it's not actually the dryer that sucks, it's the way the builders have it vented to the outside that renders the dryer grossly ineffective.) At least I had the decency to feel like a tool for doing it, even though I know they don't mind. And, I was able to bring home all clean clothes, which must count for something! Besides, it's not like I still had laundry leftover from (Indian) summer at the bottom of the laundry bags or anything.
I did not spent hours yesterday going through Lily and Leah's bedroom, giving aways stuffed animals and old books, packing up hand-me-downs for the people we pass on clothing to, and unpacking their suitcases. I didn't have to do that because their room is perfectly clean and tidy. Their bed is made right now in fact. I'm just sure it is!
And, while watching the Vikings game last night, I never told my husband (or anyone on Facebook) that I didn't know if my stomach could take it if the Vikings actually made it to the Super Bowl. Nor did I have to leave the room several times to make hummus, unload the dishwasher, and otherwise clean my kitchen because I just couldn't stand the heat! Nope, never happened!
And, you can head on over to MckMama's site to check out what everyone else has not been doing this week.
3 comments:
Ha I love it thanks for sharing your not me monday momments....
It's funny because it seems like alot of the not me's for mama's are so alike. I know I share the keeping the house "tidy" one:-)
hey girl, Good to read and see you.
Your in my prayers.
Love ya girl
Blessings
Ha! I did the same thing during the Vikings game. I think someone should start a business just doing laundry. Oh yeah. They already did. ;)
Blessings-
Amanda
Post a Comment