It's been a pretty quiet week, as far as weeks go around here. Occasionally, I'll call one of the girls to make a request of some variety, and when they respond with a " 'What?' " I definitely do not have to suppress an overwhelming urge to say, " 'Chicken's butt.' " Similarly, when preparing the girls for trick-or-treating at Great Grandma's senior building, I did not have to squash down the urge to chant in a sing-song voice " Trick-or-treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care. I'll pull down your underwear'." Goodness sakes! I'm an adult, and way over that crass, childish humor! Seriously, there is no way any of this happened!
Lastly, while not looking at the mountainous peaks of laundry I have overflowing the laundry hampers, both in the hall and in the laundry room, I did not sit down and figure out just how many loads of laundry I would actually have to do. That figure was most definitely not somewhere in the 13 range. I always keep up on my laundry, so this is just ridiculous. Of course, knowing that my dryer takes at least 5 hours to dry one load of clothes, I did not sit down and try to figure out how many days it would take me to complete the laundry if I did approximately 2 loads a day at least 4-5 days a week, knowing we create an additional load or so per day. So, basically, barring illness, I will not have to wait until sometime before Christmas until I'm completely caught up again. I will not because, of course, as you know, I don't get behind on stuff. Who me?! Not on your life!
3 comments:
I think you need to get a new dryer! =)
5 hours, yikes!
I know. It's ridiculous! My guess is the heating element is fried and needs to be replaced. However, I just can't seem to fit the repairs into our budget, so here I sit, dealing with a dryer that is extremely inefficient, to say the least!
Post a Comment