Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reflections and a Proud Mommy Moment


I can't remember who took this picture.  It was either Leah or me.  Regardless, I really like the softness of it.  Elise and Leah both *love* to tote the camera around and take pictures of whatever they like.  Sometimes, it's masterful what their little minds capture on "film" (or digital, in our case), and other times we get a lot of fuzzy pictures of feet and random shots of nostrils and other various undesirable shots.  While it makes both Mark and I a bit nervous to allow them to go off with our very nice piece of equipment, as long as they keep the camera hanging around their necks, we try to give them the freedom to explore, experience, and get excited by whatever inspires their creativity.  

********************************************************************

We go to the early church service these days because it just seems to work out better for our family.  As we were leaving, after SS, Elise had gotten a snack (3 vanilla wafers).  She then proceeded to give one to each of her sisters, explaining that she felt bad that she got cookies and they didn't, so she ate one, then saved the other 2 for them to eat on the way home.  Mark and I both felt our hearts swell with the sweetness of that moment.  We have to revel in this sweetness and be encouraged by it because I know, only too well, how quickly the tide can change.  

 


No comments: