Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflections...

I had a glimpse yesterday.

Just a glimpse of what our life might be like if Lily weren't part of our family. If she wouldn't have survived pregnancy, babyhood....



...toddlerhood...





...or even H1N1 last fall.



We were out at the Olive Garden, and suddenly, my eyes were full of tears.


It was only a second, but in that second, I was so thankful for our family. Thankful that Lily is part of our family. And, I leaned close to her ear and whispered, "I'm so glad you're part of our family." She snuggled a little bit closer, and whispered, "I love our fam-i-ly."

So, I prayed, and I thanked God for entrusting us with these precious girls...even though I feel grossly inadequate most of the time.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love that you shared this moment... I almost had tears of my own just reading it! You are so, so blessed.

Amanda