Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tarica had her baby!


My sister and Tilden had their new baby boy yesterday afternoon around 4:43 pm.  

The details:
Masen Robert (middle name is after my dad)
Born:  4:43 pm on April 28, 2008
Weight:  7 lbs 13 oz (Keatyn had been 8 lbs 1 oz)
Length:  20-3/4 inches 

Tarica went in yesterday morning to be induced, and it took a little bit to get things going.  She didn't have to push very long though (she did some sporadic pushing for the nurse for a few minutes, but it only took about 2 pushes for the doctor before he was all the way out).  My mom got to be in the delivery room, and Tilden cut the cord this time (he didn't with Keatyn...my mom did).  

We are all super excited.  Masen is the first boy in our family for a couple of generations.  My dad is the oldest of 7 boys and 3 girls.  My mom is the second oldest of 4 girls.  I have 3 girls, and my sister already has one girl.  It's about time we add a little testosterone to the bunch, I guess!  LOL  

I'll be driving up there this weekend to spend a few days helping Tarica out, doing laundry, stocking her freezer, helping with Keatyn, and stuff like that.  I'm sure I'll be able to get pics then.  Plus, I still have a bunch from the last few weeks to post when I get a minute......

1 comment:

Foerderer Family said...

Congratulations! He's gorgeous!