Wednesday, May 21, 2008

From the last few weeks...

Here are several pics from the last several weeks.  We've been busy around here, trying to get outside when we can, trips to ND, catching up on our homeschooling, and just life in general.  Mark graduates with his BA this Saturday, and he only has a couple more class periods before he's done....thank goodness because May has been a tough one (class 2 nights a week and study group once a week is more than our home, our children, and I can handle....Mark's handling it, but I know he can't wait to be done as well)!  After this, he's done until Sept, when he'll go back for his Master's in Communications.

Elise wrote her name in the snow.....back when we still had snow in, April, probably.

The sign of a true Minnesotan:  You can wear shorts and a sweatshirt, while there's still snow on the ground!

Lily walking...

The girls (mostly Elise and Leah) ran around like they hadn't seen the outdoors in years!  They had so much fun!  Obviously they're glad the weather is warming up too!

A mushroom

The twins came into our room looking like this...socks on their hands and neb cups on their heads.  They announced, "We're searchers!"  Mark and I thought it was very creative of them.  


Zoey, getting into things....

Daddy with Lily and Leah

They dressed themselves....

Leah took her first spin on the trail-a-bike.  I remember Elise's last year, and Elise was so nervous.  She was very careful not to tip the bike at all getting on or off.  Leah, on the other hand, hops right on, not worried at all!  Their differences in personality are so apparent sometimes.  :-)


Lily

These were taken at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.  We went Mother's Day weekend, I think it was.  The last time we were there Elise was just a baby, so it was nice to go back again!  

This painting reminds me of one Mark and I saw at the Walker Art Center one time, only I think the other one was larger.  It's an amazing oil painting.  From far away, you can't even tell it's a painting, so precise are the details.  It's not until you get up really close that you can even see brushstrokes.  



They also have rooms set up.  This was a replica of someone's home....don't remember who's, sorry.  
I took a couple of chandelier pics.  You can't see it in the picture, and you can't tell just by looking at the light, but when you look through the camera, you can see the blue, floor-to-ceiling alarm beams.  Kinda funny...
  
The ceiling

This is what you see when you look out the window in one of the rooms (a huge landscape painting).


Can you believe they all took a nap....at the SAME TIME!??!! 

Elise's pinecone treasure

Leah's leaf

One of my favorite pics as of late.  Lily running....  You can see the sheer joy on her face, and it's amazing to see how far God has brought her!  

Daddy suggested, "Let's see if we can push that rock!"

Bath time

Leah

Leah and Elise

Elise being silly (she and Leah were hysterical that day...Lily was NOT in a photogenic mood)

Elise and Lily

Hope you enjoyed the update.  I have a few more things to update on, but I'll do them in separate posts when I get a few minutes.  Love to all!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH what cute girls you have.