Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday, created by MckMama. It's been several weeks since we've done one of these. J's youngest son, Baby Stellan, had been hospitalized for over 5 weeks at Children's here, and Children's in Boston. He's home now, and MckMama is back in "Not Me-ing" action. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I was not awake until 3:30 one morning last week decorating a birthday cake for my nephew because I just don't do things like that. I'm far more organized!

When Lily started getting sick this past week, I did not automatically start thinking about swine flu. I wouldn't do anything like that because I'm totally not the type who overreacts to media hype. No, I did not take the time to consider how Lily would have to be tested for it when I had to take her into the ED (emergency department) at our local hospital (probably by nasal lavage or something equally unpleasant). No, I would never allow my mind to run crazy like that. Not me!

Over the weekend, my husband had to speak at his home church. The girls were all sick with sinus stuff (coupled with Lily's asthma complications), but we did not simply take them anyway because I was so excited to see my sister and family who were driving over to see us. I would not take that risk with swine flu running rampant these days! Because we did not do that, we also didn't have to leave early on Saturday after Lily went on oxygen, and we needed to be sure that we wouldn't run out of tanks during the night. Lily was not begging us to take her home, and she definitely did not beam happily for several minutes when she found out we were not heading home early!

We did not get home only to have Lily go downhill so fast, Mark and I argued over whether or not to call the ambulance vs. me just driving her to the hospital (I like having a car there). I tried her on the humidified O2 and the MR-850 (heated, humidified O2) set-up I have here at home. Nothing was working. Throwing some clothes into a small duffle bag, and running back downstairs, I was surprised to see that Lily's sats were just fine while on 2L of O2 through the concentrator. This was not because Mark and I failed to notice earlier that the piece that holds the bubbler in place was broken, and we were oxygenating the air instead of Lily. Not us!

I did not spend most of yesterday walking around like the living dead, including occasional moaning and mouth breathing (Do zombies mouth breathe?). Therefore, in the afternoon, my loving husband did not have to practically drag me outside into the sunny sun (Perhaps I've seen Mermaid Dora just a few times in the last week?) for some vitamin D. Attired in sweatpants, a long-sleeved t-shirt and my big, old college sweatshirt (from back when baggy was fashionable), I did not slowly drag my feverish self outside. I did not consider taking with me a lap robe er afghan er blanket with me, even though it was probably 70ยบ in the sun (or more, but I didn't check). That would be too nursing home-ish even for me, right?!

My living room is not and has not been a horrible mess for about 2 weeks now. It is not half full of toys because Mark and I brought in all of the girls' toys to go through them and reorganize everything. I was not way too tired to go through them the night we brought them in, and they have not been here awaiting our attention ever since because my husband has been so stressed out for the last two weeks, working on a big project for school. No, we would never bring in all of those toys and just neglect them for 2 weeks.

My bathroom garbage is not currently overflowing with used tissues, and I am not considering leaving it until Mark comes home this afternoon. That would be disgustingly lazy, even for the living dead!

For the last several minutes, Lily has not been silencing her own pulse ox alarm while I've been typing my Not Me Monday list. (Her O2 levels are currently 94-96% on 3L).

In conclusion, because I only like bathrooms with flushing toilets, I absolutely, positively never told my husband while we were not driving home from up North the other night that I had to pee so bad if I had a Subway cup (read the link to get the joke), I'd totally go in it! No, I'd never even think such a thing! Not me!



2 comments:

Blessedw5mom said...

Oh so sorry to hear about you sick little girl and can I ever relate to the peeing in a subway cup! Wow this Not Me Monday is theraputic!

Blessings from Heather at
www.growing-in-rejoicing.blogspot.com

Katypie said...

Thank you for the kind words yesterday! Your three princesses are adorable! Have a great week!