Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Aside from sickness (plenty of pics)

When we haven't been sitting around like this... (picture taken last September the morning before we took Lily to the hospital) these last couple of weeks, we have actually been able to spend some time enjoying the new growth springing up in our backyard. 


The girls rediscovered the Kid'nex when Mark and I brought in all of the toys to go through a few weeks back (and we finally did get through them all, in case you were wondering).  

Lily tells me these are her fishies.  








My beautiful blooming bleed heart.  

I adore the aroma of fresh lilacs.  

My heart-shaped nettles are finally starting to perk up this year.  They were gorgeous last year, but until the last week or so, they were looking rather sad.  

Violas growing in my rhubarb!  Mmmm...those juicy red stalks make my mouth water!

Budding apple blossoms.

Have I mentioned that I'm simply wild about Spring?

This is Gumby, our green clown goby.

4 comments:

J-Ro! said...

Love ALL the photos!! I must say I LOVE spring too!!

Sarah said...

I just love rhubarb but can't grow it here. So sad. Don't you love when old toys are rediscovered? Fun!!

~*Michelle*~ said...

OH I love all your photos....I wish I had the right soil (and green thumb) to pull of those bleeding hearts. I just can't get them to come back each year.

Isn't God awesome when He gives us such beautiful things to look at and seasons to enjoy?

Thanks for popping by my world today...and the recipe tips! Maybe next week (or even today) you can join in on the Three Things This Thursday fun!

Wendy said...

I have never seen a bleeding heart before. What amazing pictures!!