Monday, October 6, 2008

Sick days...pics of Lily from the last couple of weeks

This pic was taken of Lily the Tuesday we went to the hospital.  I took it during the day.  I think it was the only time she smiled the entire day!  As you can see, her O2 sats are only 91% on O2, and her HR is also elevated.  When she's feeling good, her HR is usually 80s to low 100s.

One of the mommies on my mommy board sent Lily this puppy (Bernie) the last time Lily was in the hospital back in Feb (when she was in the PICU for a few days).  Lily loves her puppies.  

This was taken during a neb and vest treatment after we were in the hospital.  As I've mentioned before, the vest basically shakes her up, like she's in the spin cycle of a washing machine.  But, I can't knock its effectiveness!  

All 3 girls in Lily's "doctor bed" playing with play-do.  The Child Life specialists must have the best job in the whole entire hospital.  People cheer when they walk into a room!  :-)

Elise

This is what happens when Lily gets Harlequin Syndrome.  Half of her face (right down midline) gets red (sometimes tomato red, and sometimes faintly red) and sweaty.  It's happened a few times post-op and a few times when she's been outside exerting herself in the heat.  This was the first time it happened when she was sick, and this happened several (maybe 5) times in just a few days.  This time, Lily's face was pretty red, but it's hard to get pictures of.  You can see the line distinctly, but the color is more washed out than it was in person.

Here she is at home with her new MR-850 set-up.  We've only used it a couple of times so far, but I'm hopeful that it will be a good thing to have around over the winter months.  


My understanding is that the flu/RSV season has begun a bit earlier than usual this year.  I hope and pray we have an easier time than last year!  




1 comment:

Amanda said...

Boy, nothin tugs at my heart more then a child who is sick...

Wow. Even under all that stuff, she still has the eyes of an angel.

Prayers for you all!
Amanda