Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm slowly going crazy

It's here--the "game" (for lack of a better name for it) I detest most at this stage in my daughters' lives.  It's the game that makes me want to run screaming with my hands over my ears and lock myself in the bathroom until it's over.  

"[Insert name of sister  here], do you like me?"

Sister replies:  "No."

Other sister burst into hysterical tears, wailing: "[Sister's name] doesn't liiiiiiiiiiike meeeeeeeee!"

I'm thinking, "Of course they do.  Just STOP ASKING!"  

Except.....they don't stop asking.  The whole scenario gets continually repeated until I really do want to lock myself in the bathroom until it's over.  

Finally the other day, I went through all of them, and asked each one if they loved their sisters. Thankfully, they were all feeling pretty cooperative, and their answers were all yes.  So, now I try to remind them of this whenever I sense the "game" is about to ensue.  Sometimes I still want to run screaming from the room, but at least part of the time the "game" is over before it starts.  

2 comments:

Erin said...

It is sooo refreshing to hear that it's not just my children who do this to eachother!!

We'll be in the nut house together my friend!

Queen Mommy said...

YAY! Company!! LOL