Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me Monday



My first "Not Me Monday" post inspired by MckMama.  

While sick last week, I did get a call from the Orthotist's office Wednesday telling me that Lily's orthotics were in and asking me if I could come in that day to have them fitted.  However, I most certainly did not hem and haw over whether or not I should go in, being that Elise, Leah, and I were all sick, even though Lily seemed to be doing pretty well.  Then I did not take into consideration the fact that my kids were all still in their jammies, and I would have to get them all ready to go.  My kids are always up and dressed first thing in the morning!  Jammies at noon is just lazy ridiculous!  Uh-huh, right.  After all of this, I most certainly did not decide to just go in anyway before we all got really sick (especially Lily).  Of course, I did not think this over out loud to the scheduler on the phone and mention to her that it was probably better to drag the rest of us out sick, before Lily gets it and we're stuck at home.  That would be so inappropriate, so I definitely didn't do any of that!  

Wednesday night after finishing the bulletin at 10:00 pm, I did not decide that was a perfect time to get into the bathtub because I was so cold, and a bath would help me breathe better so I could sleep.  We all know rest is the most important thing when you're sick, so I wouldn't stay up later just to soak in the tub awhile with my new "Family Fun" magazine.  I certainly did not drag my shivering, feverish self out of the bathtub at 1:30 in the morning and crawl into bed.  Of course, I didn't lie awake for what seemed like hours shivering, only to doze off for a moment and be awakened by my aching bones jerking in the night.  I always fall asleep right away, so that never happened.  After a few hours of lying there, I absolutely did not decide I might as well get up because I couldn't sleep anyway and fill up another tub with hot water for yet another soak.  Goodness!  I would never waste hot water like that!  After an unsuccessful attempt to calm my aching limbs, I did not go downstairs and take 2 Motrin.  I am woman!  Hear me roar!  I don't need Motrin for my aches and pains.  No matter what you hear, I absolutely did not decide, after an unsuccessful night of trying to sleep, that I might as well watch my tivo'd "Private Practice."  Who watches those shows anyway?  I would never waste my time on something like that!  

Last, but certainly not least, I have not been craving chocolate and sugar all stinkin' week!  We all know that's the last thing out bodies need when we're sick, and I only put healthy food in my body.  I definitely did not enjoy a banana cream blizzard from DQ on Saturday night.  No way!  Not me!   

1 comment:

melanie said...

Hopping over from mckmama's blog.

Nobody here would ever be in jammies at noon either. Nope, never ever. :-P