Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Princesses and Dragons

Earlier this summer we took the girls to the Dragon Festival. If you're local, and have never been, I would definitely recommend going next year. Lots to see, do, taste, create, and just experience. And, if I haven't convinced you yet, the festival is very kid-friendly! Oh, and it is FREE!




We were sitting waaaaaaay back for this one because A) the girls were a bit freaked out by the dragon costumes, and B) the seating area was waaaaaaaay full.

Have I mentioned that I looooove the zoom on my camera? (Okay, okay, I'll stop with the extended vowels now.....maybe.)



I think these were the "Water Goddesses."





Our girls were loving all of the beautiful dresses the different dancers were wearing.





Audience participation....



CHEAP face painting!











Dragon boats...


racing...







Coloring dragon masks...





...sneaking down to get just a couple more shots of the races from a closer angle...



Martial Arts demonstrations....Elise has been telling us that martial arts is for boys (which we have fruitlessly tried to refute and encourage gender neutrality), so we were pleased to see many girls participating in these demonstrations.





Making kites...



Board breaking demonstrations



Girls against Boys...



More board breaking...



...and more kites.



Maybe we'll see you there next year!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, that looks like it was so much fun!! To bad we don't live anywhere near you guys. Glad you had a great time!

renee said...

this looks like tons of fun! i love kites!!!!! and don't worry cute little blondies...those dragons kinda freak me out a little and i'm 28 ;)

Amanda said...

Your little girl sure has captivating eyes!! What a beauty!

Hope you are having a blessed day!

Amanda