Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heard around the house....

"Mommy, I love you too much." ~what she means to say~ "Mommy, I love you so much." {This one melts my heart every time! A little puddle of goo, I tell you!}

"Halloween Kitty" ~really means~ "Hello Kitty"
{Took me awhile before I figured out that she wasn't referring to a "Halloween-style" Hello Kitty, rather all Hello Kitties.}

"I had a bad dream." ~actual (albeit nonverbal) meaning~ "I don't want to go to sleep yet, and I think if I tell you I had a bad dream, maybe you'll let me stay up a little bit longer."
{Such a typical kid response, yet it still makes me giggle that they somehow think we aren't on to them, like they're really pulling something over on us. Yeah....}

2 comments:

GymnWriter RatMama said...

One of my not-kids used to try these:

"I can't sleep!" 5 seconds after I'd said Good Night.

"I had a bad dream!" Also 5 seconds after the Good Night. "What was it about?" "Um . . . " Yeah, that's what I thought

I love the "too much" one--that's so sweet!

Queen Mommy said...

I always tell them they have to actually fall asleep to have a bad dream.