Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Sight for Sore Eyes

I saw Lily today. And, when I say that, I don’t mean I saw my very sick little girl. I mean, I actually saw Lily today. She took a nap this afternoon, and when she awoke, my happy, giggly sweetheart was back!

After seeing nothing but a sick little pumpkin struggling to breathe, a listless little honey who didn’t care what was going on, and a cranky little cutie who just wanted to be left alone with her mommy for about the last week, she was a welcome sight for my Lily-deprived eyes!

The evening has gone mostly well. Lily had a great dinner--gobbled it right down in a matter of minutes! [Love] We read stories, watched movies, talked, and giggled. She rested, she finally pooped (can’t believe I just blogged that), and we had a friend stop by for a visit. [Fun]

The only downer was that Lily’s IV finally infiltrated (we think). To be honest, Lily is very hypersensitive about IV’s anyway. This one had been puffy and a little on the questionable side for days, but it flushed well, so we didn’t want to change it unless we had to. To begin with, Lily has a lot of scar tissue in her veins, which can make her a difficult stick. When the nurse began the flush for Lily’s antibiotic, Lily started crying. SO, we decided the time had come, and the IV had to come out.

Thankfully, the new one went in well and seems to be in a good spot. [Yay]

Oh, and we had our best vest treatment EVER this evening! I held her on my lap and we read the new princess book from Grandma Kathy and looked through the new coloring books she received from our friend, Christie, tonight. We giggled, talked, did activities, and got “All Shook Up!”

Praying tomorrow gets even better!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I am SO glad to read this! Makes my heart soar! I am praying she can keep this good stuff up and you guys will be home soon.

Thanks for the update!

renee said...

that is such great news!!!! God is so good!!! keep it up, lily!!!!!!! you're doing great!

Susie said...

God is good, Robin! I'm so glad Lily is back!!!

J-Ro! said...

Yeah!! That is so AWESOME! Thanks for updates!!

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

Sing Praise girl.... I am so happy that she is feeling better. NOW GET HER HOME SO SHE CAN TRICK OR TREAT....

Unknown said...

That is great news.

Alison said...

My daughter hated her vest treatments too! Until the last couple when we finally convinced her how silly and fun it would be to sing through them!
Glad she's on the mend!