Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Keep my mom in your thoughts please

Two Saturdays ago, my mom and dad were at my sister's house.  As they were leaving, my mom fell down the cement stairs leading up to the house.  I guess they were waving good bye to Keatyn, and my mom missed a step.  Unfortunately, my mom has very severe osteoporosis, and she fractured her right humerus just above the elbow.  They transferred her via ambulance to Fargo to have surgery on it.  The surgeon had to put in a rod and pins, I believe, but he said he was happy with the way everything lined up.  

She's home now, and my aunt (my mom's youngest sister) is staying with her and my dad to help out.  Regrettably, the pain meds my mom is on are causing her kidney pain (she has an existing kidney stone, which they've found here at the U twice, but for whatever reason, they don't see it at their local hospital), so she's been very uncomfortable with that and has been getting pain shots at the ER and clinic as well.  

The last couple of times I spoke to her, she sounded a little better, but I think I also caught her at fairly good times, whereas, the other times I called she sounded extremely uncomfortable.  

Anyway, I know she'll appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that her arm heals well (and she's able to get full range of motion--ROM--out of it), and her discomfort can be controlled.  --Thank you!

No comments: