Look at this face. Almost angelic, no? The pretty smile, the glowing blonde hair, the sweet, innocent eyes....almost cherubic. There is just no way this little girl could possibly ever do anything truly naughty. No way! I mean, look at that face!

Who? What? How?
Or, what about this? Who would have done that? (and worse, on my dining room floor)
Surely, not this girl, not this little angel.
Look how sweet they are together. I love doing fun, cute things in their hair, matching french twist piggie tails with bows, matching french braids, puffy piggies (AKA Heidi hair)...yes, I love that.

I knew this day would come, but part of me was fooled into thinking they were too old for this. Perhaps I was hoodwinked by my Pollyanna way of thought. Perhaps I was deceived by the lure of Summer Magic. Five-year-olds dont cut their own hair.....
No, they might not, but their twin sister might!
Their twin sister might scale the bathroom counter, open the medicine cabinet, reach up high, and sneak out the scissors before anyone even notices what theyre doing. Said twin sister might just, with the guise of putting clippies in her sisters hair, she might just take the scissors instead and nearly scalp her sister. She might.
Moments later their helpful older sister might run to find their mommy in the laundry room and announce: Mommy, my sisters are telling me that Leah cut Lilys hair!
Their mommy might calmly walk out to assess the damage, remove 20 little clippies and hair bows to discover one of two nearly identical girls with her hair cut almost to the quick in the back!
Their mommy might send the perp to her bedroom, for fear of screaming like the angry mommy she is completely losing it!
The mommy may see visions of Hayley Mills in The Parent Trap. And the mommy might just call Kids Hair for an emergency appointment. She might.
The mommy might get a little tearful seeing all of those lovely blonde curls get whacked off. Yet, the mommy reminds herself that its just hair, and she cannot cry over hair. Nope, no tears!
But....
could this sweet little face have done something like that? Could she?
Maybe I should have taken a lesson from this girl! What do those eyes say to you?
3 comments:
OH MY GRACIOUS...... you know whats funny though. She looks darling with her hair cut like that. it gives her personality. (which I believe she was never without. ) hehehehe
Wow, and here I thought that Lily was going to be the culprit behind the short hair. You always hear of kids cutting their own hair. I never imagined it would be Leah that did it to Lily!! How does Lily feel about it? I think it is cute! And, of course, it will grow out.
Girls, what can you do?
Lily is okay with it. For the first several days she walked around telling us she had a little buzz in the back. Yet, it would not appear that she is holding any sort of grudge. I was far more upset than Lily, which is okay, I guess.
Post a Comment