Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Desperately Seeking Adventure

Cooped up doesn't even begin to describe how these last couple of weeks have been. Living in a bubble has certain advantages, not the least of which is being able to stay in your jammies day in.....day out.......for a week! Having groceries delivered to your front door....yep, another advantage.

Nevertheless, at some point, there's this inherent need to pop the bubble!

And, pop it, we did! Last Saturday afternoon, for the first time in 2-1/2 weeks, I left the house on what was not a hospital-related excursion.

Ah, feel the wind in your hair, the sun on your face, and watch that dune buggy drive right on by your sporty little minivan... Wait--did I say dune buggy? Yes, I did. To my knowledge, there are no sand dunes to speak of in our great state.


Still, my husband was trying to convince me how great it would be to have a dune buggy for a commuter car. (Right......that sounds downright comfortable to tootle around in all winter. You know, considering he drives the motorcycle 3 seasons out of the year!)

Lily has been doing a lot better, but we still felt like we should be careful to limit our exposure to people and new germs.


So, we went to a park where we could walk around, but avoided any sort of playground, much to the girls' chagrin.




While walking, I spotted an area with a lot of leaves. Jackpot! We kicked a huge pile together, and......


....Lily jumped in....just a little early...

....I'd hoped to get a photo of all three girls jumping in at the same time.

Guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad!























Ahhhhh.....invigorating adventures!

**************************************************
Lily Update:

She is almost back to normal. Her lungs sound clear the majority of the time. I did take her to PT and OT this week. We are still doing nebs/vest tx's twice a day, but that won't end any time soon. Now, Lily just needs to work on getting her stamina back. She still tires easily, but we are elated that she's doing so much better!

6 comments:

J-Ro! said...

Isn't amazing the FUN they can have with leaves?!?! We found a spot of leaves nearby yesterday & Nate jumped in & threw 'em up!
Glad to *see* you made it OUT for an adventure!! Take care.

Alicia said...

So glad Lily is doing better! And I'm really happy you got to pop the bubble, get out and stretch your legs a bit!

The pictures are great!!

~julie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! So glad to hear that Lily is doing better!
~julie

Amanda said...

SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO glad to hear good reports back... she is just so precious!

Blessings to you-
Amanda

Rachel said...

I love those leaf pictures! The girls look like they are making up for lost time with their marvelous fun!

Glad Lily is feeling better!

Sarah said...

These pictures are so wonderful. The girls are SO happy!