Saturday, November 21, 2009

My name is Mommy

Lily: "Mom, why did you born me?"

Me: "Well, you were in my tummy, and you needed to get out."

Lily: "Mommy, were you born?"

Me: "Yes."

Lily: "Who borned you?"

Me: "Grandma Kathy."

Lily: [Aghast] "WHAT?!.....Wh-wh-why did she born you?"

Me: "Well, I was in her tummy, and I needed to get out."

Lily: "What did she name you?"

Me: "Robin."

Lily: "Why?"

Me: "Well, she liked that name."

Lily: [decisively] "Well, I named you mommy. I like that name."

So, there you have it. My name is mommy.

******************************************

Lily has a bit of a cold again. Nothing serious, just a runny nose, coughing, and lots of mucus. We're keeping up with nebs and vest treatments and hoping for a healthy Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

Alicia said...

That is just about the sweetest thing I have heard in forever!! Sweet, wonderful Lily, thanks for the smile!!

My prayers for a healthy Thanksgiving.

renee said...

soooo cute! hope lily feels better soon!

Amanda said...

Oh dear!! Hope she can fight this off quickly! And love the conversation!


Blessings-
Amanda

Foerderer Family said...

Love it!!!!