Tarica took this picture of Mark and I at the conservatory. It's one of the first pics we've really gotten of Mark since he's lost 50 pounds!
Mark also had a birthday this week. He's 39 now! We had a nice, quiet birthday at home. I made chili and cornbread (chili is his favorite), and his favorite cake, which is angel food with 7 minute frosting. Elise decided Mark needed to have a "proper party," so she insisted he wear a crown (it was a Happy New Year hat she'd uncovered somewhere, but whatever). She also found some noisemakers and favors (a Christmasy kaleidoscope). After we sang Happy Birthday, she blew the noisemaker. Then, while I was cleaning up the kitchen, she herded everyone into the living room to do the Limbo! It was soooo cute! I just love how their little minds work. She really wanted to make daddy's birthday special!
Later, she asked Mark why Jesus didn't do anything special for his birthday. Mark told her that He did. He gave him a wonderful family to celebrate his birthday with. Sweet, how someone so small can melt your heart into a puddle like that, isn't it?!
No comments:
Post a Comment