Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Searching for Spring

A friend of mine (and fellow blogger) posted recently about taking her girls on a "searching for Spring" walk.  I thought it was such a great idea and one that my kids would also enjoy (thanks for the idea, Rebecca!), so yesterday we took our own excursion into the woods.  I watched my friend, Amy's, little boy, Ryan, for a couple of hours yesterday, and he was able to go with us.  If you look carefully, you will see that Leah is holding a big stick in her hands.  If that isn't just a "Mark" thing, then I don't know what is!  
  
Lily walked much of the way on the pavement, but I had to carry her over a lot of the snow and some of the rougher areas on the path.

We found buds on the trees, but I didn't get a great pic of those.  Here's an old nest we found.

The mushrooms on this tree almost looked like steps you could climb!


Elise

1 comment:

Tressie said...

I love the searching for spring idea. I might have to borrow it and do it with my girls.