Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Visit MckMama to peruse the home of "Not me!  Monday."  I think you'll like it!  

Onto the list of things I never did last week.  

First of all, I would never neglect to make my bed for the better part of a week.  I always make my bed every day, so no way was I that neglectful!  In fact, my bed has been neatly made since about 7:00 this morning, so last week definitely did not happen!

Also, it's just not possible that I started a batch of bread in the bread machine, shaped it (after the first rise), placed it in a loaf pan, stuck the dough in the cold oven to rise, went up to take a bath, talked to my friend Cindee on the phone, read in one of my books, and completely forgot about the cloth-covered loaf of dough in the oven.  These sorts of things just don't happen, as I am much more on top of it than that!  

Of course, because this never happened, I also didn't happen to notice the oven smoking as I was preheating it in preparation of making vegetarian meatball pizza.  I would never just ignore a smoking oven, thinking that something must've gotten on the burner at some point because, of course, my stove is always so clean it pings.  

Even if my oven were smoking, which is wasn't, it certainly wouldn't take me until opening the oven door and viewing the scorched cloth and nicely risen loaf to remember even putting the bread in there to rise. 

I would, hypothetically speaking, probably check the loaf on the bottom to see if it were done.  But, would I actually cut into the bread, try a bit, decide it seemed like maybe it was done, slice up the rest of the loaf, and place it in the cabinet to feed to my family?  Would I?  Would I really?  Well, of course not! 

Lastly, before you even ask, I can tell you for certain, that I have not been sneaking Hershey's kisses all week when the girls aren't looking.  The cherry cordials and chocolate caramels have not been calling my name, begging me to savor their delicousness.  No succumbing to temptation here!  I have a will of steel! 

Boy, am I glad those things never happened!!  Wish I could say the same about yesterday's five potty accidents!   




No comments: