Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Me Monday Tuesday


Feel free to visit MckMama's blog, home of "Not me!  Monday" and tons of laughs free therapy.

To start off, I am most definitely not late, just, um....making an entrance!  Yeah, that's right!  

In the last week, I did not start composing my "Not me!  Monday" post in my head, then promptly forget what I was even going to say when yesterday came around, hence my entrance today.  Nope!  That didn't happen at all!  

I did not stay up until 5:00 in the morning on Monday (Elise's birthday) decorating her birthday cake, then sleep in until 10:00 while the girls watched TV downstairs.  I am so much more prepared than that!  Seriously, who do you take me for?

On Tuesday, I absolutely did not wait until the last minute to decide exactly what appetizer I was bringing to the truffle/cookie exchange party some friends (from my knitting/crocheting/assorted stitchery group) and I were having that night.  Then, I didn't  have to search online to find one I could make using ingredients I had in the house.  Again, preparation people!  I am way more prepared for whatever comes my way!  There is no way I decided to make vegetarian samosas, knowing that they're a lot of work to put together, on a day where I just didn't have a lot of time.  And, I didn't succumb to peer pressure when my friend told me she was craving Indian food, and I just had to make them.  So, I didn't set Elise to work peeling potatoes for the samosas we're not making.  Also, I did not knead the stinking pastry dough for 10 minutes just because I didn't read the recipe thoroughly enough beforehand to realize that I could've used my food processor and been done in seconds.  Uh-uh!  Not me!

Of course, there is no way I worked on these right up until the time I had to take Lily to physical therapy (along with the other girls because Mark couldn't take off work to stay with them).  Then, I didn't have to quickly change out of my comfy lavender fleece pants, long sleeved t-shirt, and non-matching hoodie, throw my unwashed hair in a ponytail, rub on some deodorant, and brush my teeth before rushing the girls out the door.  I am the Queen of prepared, people!  

After therapy, of course I was able to come home and relax for a bit before leaving for the truffle party.  So, NO, I did not have to finish frying the samosas and try to figure out how to finagle a 20 -er-5 minute shower into the mix!  Realizing that a shower was not going to be an option, I surely didn't take my hair out of the ponytail and try to pin it up really cute with little claw clips and bobby pins in order to throw everyone off the "no shower" track.  Besides, I always take the time to fix my hair, and the standard "mommy ponytail" just doesn't happen around here! 

Sadly, there was no time to bake cookies, and that part really is the truth!  The rest of the evening went very well, and the samosas were dee-lish, even though I had to fake (substitute) garam masala because I don't have any in the house.

My children would never in a million years whine for an hour because they got the wrong color cup!  Come on!  They get what they get, and they don't get upset.  Whining and fussing for an hour or more because you got the green cup instead of the orange one?  Puh-lease!  Not my kids!  And, there is no way I allow my children to whine and complain about the food I serve them.  Each one of my daughters is a fantastic eater, and not one of them would even think about complaining about corn chowder for lunch!  Certainly, I would not get so tired of the not complaining and have to leave the table.  Nope!  [[shaking head]]

I'll leave you with this...  Yesterday as I was getting Lily's Prevacid, I did not accidentally drop the foil wrapper on the floor (technically, it didn't fall out of the "too full" garbage can, but whatever).  In a moment of laziness mommy efficiency, I didn't decide to pick it up on my way back into the kitchen and promptly forget about it.  Ten minutes later, I definitely did not hear the cat playing with it.  I always pick up my litter immediately, for goodness sakes!  Where do you get these ideas?!  Certainly not from me!           

No comments: