Elise Nichole...
Of all the babies born in the hospital that day, Elise weighed the most (8 lbs 5 oz), AND she had the most hair (Come on! Are you really surprised at that?) I can't say this for sure, but I'm also willing to place bets that Elise also had the most dimples (one under her left eye, one under her right, two in her right cheek, and one in her left), all of which are still there today!
Pictures Past:



Pictures Present:

After a long day of being discharged from the hospital, mommy and Elise settle in for a much needed nap!
Her first Christmas - at my Aunt Peggy's house, where I believe I spent half the time attempting to nurse the little turkey (getting her to stay awake for feedings was more than tricky and involved quite a process of stripping her down to a diaper and tickling her for an hour just to get her to wake up enough to eat.)


Pictures Present:
Elise's birthday cake. She saw this cake design and fell in love. It's my first ever attempt at fondant, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Honestly, if I had to pick a cake to try out my less-than-stellar fondant skills on, this was a perfect choice because the yarn strings (all hand rolled, btw--and Mark helped with that) covered up any mistakes!
Zoey liked this little kitty too. We came out to the dining room after opening presents and found her licking the kitty's face. (I threw the kitty away, but not before an unsuccessful attempt to get a picture of it. Don't worry, I took the kitten off the cake before said unsuccessful attempt!)




1 comment:
Your cakes are AMAZING!! You have got skills I could only dream of possessing!!! WOW!! And you have such an eye for detail! Wow. Have I said that? Wow!!
I'm totally impressed. Way to go girl!
Blessings-
Amanda
Post a Comment