Yesterday we were sitting at lunch, and she asked, "Mommy? Did Jesus talk to God?"
Me: "You mean when Jesus lived here on earth or now that he's in heaven?"
Leah: "Here on earth."
Me: "All the time Leah. When we read the Bible, there are many places where it tells us how Jesus went off by himself to pray. Jesus needed that time with God in the same way we need it everyday. Our whole days are better if we spend time praying and reading the Bible first thing in the morning."
Leah: "Does He still talk to God everyday?"
Me: "Yes, sweetie. They're in Heaven together." (I don't even know that it's possible for us to truly understand how the Trinity works, so I didn't even get into how God and Jesus are the same, yet not.)
It went on from there. I also explained at one point that the reason Jesus left a perfect Heaven to come down to earth as a baby was because we make bad choices everyday. Jesus was born as a baby, and lived a perfect life, where He always let God help Him make good choices. When He grew up, He sacrificed Himself for our sins - the bad choices we make - so we could live with Him in Heaven someday.
I hope and pray the girls never stop asking questions about the Lord, and I pray for the wisdom to be able to answer those questions for at least a few more years yet. ~Smile
No comments:
Post a Comment