Yes, that would, indeed, mean our furnace is out! We awakened this morning to a chill in the air. After checking the thermostat, it was only 55ºF upstairs! EEK! Mark ran downstairs to check on Tinkerbell (the bird), and thankfully she was fine. (Birds can get sick and die if it's too cold in the house, though they can generally handle it a little cooler than probably I can. I'm a wuss, and I'm not afraid to admit it.)
We started the oven, left the door open, put a space heater in front of Tinkerbell's cage, and stuck a load of laundry in the dryer. Unfortunately, the furnace people can't come out until tomorrow, unless we want to pay an obscene amount of extra $$ for the one-hour emergency service. Still, God warmed things up, and we were pretty comfortable downstairs most of the day. It did get as warm as about 67º, so not too bad.
The girls were layered in thermal underwear, a couple pairs of socks each, warm pants, a long sleeved shirt (over the thermal underwear) and another fleece jacket. Mark and I each had our winter hats on.
Upstairs (where the bedrooms are) it's still cold though. We've got the beds loaded with blankets, and the girls have layered their jammies over their thermal underwear, so we should be snug tonight. I'm sure Pa, Ma, Laura, Mary, and Carrie Ingalls would think this was rather balmy weather, but I'd be spending every winter in Hawaii if I could, so there you have it. I DO NOT like being cold!
However, I'm thankful I didn't have to break the ice in the bucket before washing up, and I'm thankful (as I'm sure Mark is as well) that Mark didn't have to shovel us out of our beds this morning. Tomorrow, I'll be thankful to have a working furnace again, and please God, help it not to cost too much!?
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment